84. The Lokal Burger at Lokal
When was the last time you felt good about what you ate? Local Coconut Grove burger joint Lokal wants to give you a guilt-free experience with every burger. Made from Florida grass-fed beef from White Ranch in Ocala, these cows are allowed to range free and are never given hormones or antibiotics.
Yeah, yeah...that's all touchy-feely Kumbaya-ish. You want to know how it tastes. How about delicious, juicy, and seasoned with the right amount of salt and pepper -- with a good mineral content in the meat.
There are about a dozen different burger to choose from, or you can customize your own, but we come back time and again for the Lokal ($12) with ripe local Florida tomatoes, red onions, Homestead avocados, and home made honey mustard.
The Lokal comes with fries -- regular or sweet potato.& Ask nice and they'll give you half and half. Wash it down with a cold craft beer (We like Stone Arrogant Bastard $8) and you've got yourself a good time.
100 Favorites Dishes
85. Porchetta Sandwich at Salumeria 104
86. Nitro Ice Cream at Haven Gastro-Lounge
87. Red Burger at Red Restaurant
88. Carnitas Torta at Mercadito's Taqueria
89. Bone Marrow Ropa Vieja at Eating House
90. Mushroom-Crusted Grouper at the River Seafood & Oyster Bar
91. Crispy Pork and Onion Salad at Hiro's Yakko-San
92. Moqueca Brazileira at Pearl Restaurant & Lounge
93. Corvina at Edge Steak and Bar
94. Spiked Frrrozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity 3
95. Egg Custard Tart with Black Truffles at Philip Ho
96. Soft Pretzels at Mister Collins
97. Serrano Ham Croquettes at Crazy About You
98. The Elena Ruth Sandwich at Sergio's
99. Chow Fun at Chow Down Grill
100. Grilled Artichoke at Peacock Garden Cafe
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.