86. Nitro Ice Cream at Haven Gastro-Lounge
Haven is the hippest gastro-lounge in town, and it is helmed by one of Miami's most creative chefs, Todd Erickson. The venue is a plugged-in, electrified, LCD-enhanced experience that starts with liquid nitrogen-blasted cocktails, segues into unplugged small plate delights, and finishes with "nitro ice cream."
Nitro ice cream for two ($9) changes flavors on a semi-nightly basis. Erickson makes the custard base in the morning, then blasts them with liquid nitrogen per order. The result: A fresh, extra-creamy, extra-dense ice cream engulfed in swirls of nitro-smoke. The flavors and toppings are hot, too -- like the maple-bacon (seen in the photo). The bacon in this case is dusted with sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Captain Crunch cereal is another popular topping. Dee-lish, and you can eat it while beautiful imagery floats by you on wraparound walls and cool music plays. Can't get that at Baskin-Robbins.
100 Favorites Dishes
87. Red Burger at Red Restaurant
88. Carnitas Torta at Mercadito's Taqueria
89. Bone Marrow Ropa Vieja at Eating House
90. Mushroom-Crusted Grouper at the River Seafood & Oyster Bar
91. Crispy Pork and Onion Salad at Hiro's Yakko-San
92. Moqueca Brazileira at Pearl Restaurant & Lounge
93. Corvina at Edge Steak and Bar
94. Spiked Frrrozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity 3
95. Egg Custard Tart with Black Truffles at Philip Ho
96. Soft Pretzels at Mister Collins
97. Serrano Ham Croquettes at Crazy About You
98. The Elena Ruth Sandwich at Sergio's
99. Chow Fun at Chow Down Grill
100. Grilled Artichoke at Peacock Garden Cafe
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.