95. Egg Custard Tart With Black Truffles at Philip Ho
Chef Philip Ho worked as dim sum chef at The Setai for some five years, so it's probably little surprise that the Chinese fare is as good as it is at his namesake restaurant in Sunny Isles. Since Ho opened the place last September (where Emerald Coast used to be), dim sum aficionados have been delighting over the selections wheeled out on carts during weekends (dim sum is served from the kitchen the rest of the week): Congee, chive-and-shrimp dumplings, green-tea duck dumplings.
Regular dishes are crowd pleasers too, from great hand-pulled noodles with shiitake mushrooms to a custard-like tofu-and-eggplant in black bean chili sauce. And yet nothing quite prepares the palate for an egg custard flecked with black truffles nestled in a warm, buttery tart shell -- an ethereally rich umami and ooh-daddy ending to the meal.
100 Favorites Dishes
96. Soft Pretzels at Mister Collins
97. Serrano Ham Croquettes at Crazy About You
98. The Elena Ruth Sandwich at Sergio's
99. Chow Fun at Chow Down Grill
100. Grilled Artichoke at Peacock Garden Cafe
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.