87. The Red Burger at Red Restaurant
|Photo by Aileen Perez|
I can still vividly remember the day I first laid eyes upon Red Restaurant Grill & Smoothies... About 6 months ago while driving on Bird Road, I passed a grand opening sign that read "Simply quality fast food," which felt like a challenge to my taste buds. With a bias towards fast food, and an appetite for discovering new flavors, I decided to give them a try: fast forward six months, and here I am proclaiming my love for Red to anyone who'll hear it. The explosion of flavors you experience when biting into a juicy half-pound Red Burger surely surpasses the expectations set by the stigmatic "Simply quality fast food" tag line. For a mere $5.50, you are presented with a gargantuan burger layered with crisp lettuce, sliced tomatoes, onions, ketchup, mayo , mustard, pink sauce, savory strips of bacon, creamy gorgonzola cheese, potato sticks lain on the typical sesame seed bun, and a side of thick-cut fries. It's safe to say that you will ensue to "ooo" and "ahhh" between bites.
Alongside their mouth-watering burger selection, Red's menu also offers an array of delectable options for under $8 that are sure to please all of your palate's on the go desires. Their bargain prices and flavorful twist on the American classic will definitely have the locals reconsider ever picking up a fast food burger again! And if the convenience of drive-thru was the only excuse you had for grabbing some overly processed junk from a local fast food eatery, you might take into consideration that they offer free delivery within a 10 mile radius.
Oh, and one more thing; don't forget to dip your fries in their homemade jalapeño sauce! Yum.
-- Aileen Perez
100 Favorites Dishes
88. Carnitas Torta at Mercadito's Taqueria
89. Bone Marrow Ropa Vieja at Eating House
90. Mushroom-Crusted Grouper at the River Seafood & Oyster Bar
91. Crispy Pork and Onion Salad at Hiro's Yakko-San
92. Moqueca Brazileira at Pearl Restaurant & Lounge
93. Corvina at Edge Steak and Bar
94. Spiked Frrrozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity 3
95. Egg Custard Tart with Black Truffles at Philip Ho
96. Soft Pretzels at Mister Collins
97. Serrano Ham Croquettes at Crazy About You
98. The Elena Ruth Sandwich at Sergio's
99. Chow Fun at Chow Down Grill
100. Grilled Artichoke at Peacock Garden Cafe
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.