The Grind Presents Short Order Backyard Burger Competition: Are You Meat Enough?
|Is your burger supreme?|
In other words -- are you feeling meaty today, punk?
If you believe your burgers are good enough to compete with the big boys (and by that, we mean 30 of Miami's best restaurants), we have a challenge for you.
The Grind -- Miami's newest and beefiest festival -- and Short Order are searching for the best back-yard burgers in Miami (though burgers made in the kitchen are welcome too).
The Short Order Backyard Burger competition during the Grind will choose ten finalists from entries submitted now through February 29. Short Order readers will be able to vote for their favorite among the top ten burgers beginning in March.
The three burgers with the most votes will go on to compete at the Grind in a live cook-off against Miami's top chefs. The best back-yard burger will win the gold meat grinder trophy (really!) and a fabulous cache of prizes. Back-yard burger entries are also eligible to win any of the other trophies, including fan favorite and best overall burger.
The contest is open to amateur chefs and home cooks only, and entry is free. Professional chefs, caterers, and restaurateurs are not eligible to compete in the Short Order Backyard Burger competition.
To enter your burger, send the following infor to email@example.com by February 29, 2012:
- Your name
- Contact phone
- Email address
- Name and description of burger
- A good photo of the burger
Here are some additional rules to remember:
1. Competitors cannot be professional chefs or restaurateurs.
2. All recipes and photos must be submitted by February 29, 2012.
3. All burgers must have a patty (not necessarily meat) and bun (not necessarily bread).
4. Only one burger entry per person.
5. Winner MUST be available to compete live at the Grind March 31, 2012.
6. Judges' decision is FINAL.
7. Judges have the right to disqualify any entry.
8. Submitting a recipe does NOT automatically qalify you for the Top 10.
9. All entries will be reviewed by the Grind staff. T
10. The Grind reserves the right to change or amend these rules without notice.
The Grind, Miami's burger battle, will be held at the Miami Entertainment Complex March 31. Click here to purchase advance tickets. We're looking forward to seeing your meat, Miami.
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.