72. Turkey and Prosciutto With Fresh Mozzarella at La Sandwicherie
"This is not a sandwich; it is a Sandwicherie," co-owner Olivier Farrat says. "We are the best."
Farrat may have plenty to boast about. His sub shop, tucked in an alley between Collins and Washington avenues on 14th Street, has stuck around through Miami's toughest economic times and despite rivals copying its style. The ingredients are simple, much like you would see in any modern-day sub shop, but they are the freshest produce Farrat and company can find.
The fresh mozzarella has the finest texture and purest taste, almost like whole milk in a ball, and the famous French vinaigrette complements the toppings with a little bite to contrast its creamy texture. Any sandwich here is good, but we chose the turkey and prosciutto ($9.95) as a perfect mix of varying tastes to accentuate the burst of flavor from the toppings. You can get it in either a long baguette sub style or on a toasted croissant, as many patrons prefer. With another location just opened in Brickell, there is even more opportunity to tantalize your taste buds.
100 Favorites Dishes
73. Creamy Tahini With Hummus at Broken Shaker
74. Kobe Burger at CG Burgers
75. Brie Mozzarella Sticks at the Local
76. Paleta de Elote at La Michoacana Paleteria
77. Strawberry Fields Roll at I Love Sushi
79. Pork Rillettes at Buena Vista Deli
80. Chicken Fricassee at Le Bouchon Du Grove
81. Bacon & Egg Udon at Gigi
82. Wagyu Gunkan at SushiSamba Dromo
83. Grilled Tiger Prawns at Mare Nostrum
84. The Lokal Burger at Lokal
85. Porchetta Sandwich at Salumeria 104
86. Nitro Ice Cream at Haven Gastro-Lounge
87. Red Burger at Red Restaurant
88. Carnitas Torta at Mercadito's Taqueria
89. Bone Marrow Ropa Vieja at Eating House
90. Mushroom-Crusted Grouper at the River Seafood & Oyster Bar
91. Crispy Pork and Onion Salad at Hiro's Yakko-San
92. Moqueca Brazileira at Pearl Restaurant & Lounge
93. Corvina at Edge Steak and Bar
94. Spiked Frrrozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity 3
95. Egg Custard Tart With Black Truffles at Philip Ho
96. Soft Pretzels at Mister Collins
97. Serrano Ham Croquettes at Crazy About You
98. The Elena Ruth Sandwich at Sergio's
99. Chow Fun at Chow Down Grill
100. Grilled Artichoke at Peacock Garden Cafe
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.