75. Brie Mozzarella Sticks at The Local
Walk into most bars and you'll find the typical fare -- wings, burgers, and mozzarella sticks, those deep fried wands of bland white cheese, typically served with equally bland marinara sauce.
The Local Craft Food & Drink riffs on cheese sticks by coating cylinders of brie with a sweet funnel-cake batter and deep frying them. The sticks are then topped with powdered sugar, green apple slivers, and blueberry/soy glaze, resulting in an oh-so-guilty pleasure. Sometimes a name's just a name -- because there's not a trace of mozzarella in sight to get in the way of the brie.
While The Local hasn't done anything to make cheese sticks healthier, they did make them extremely delicious. For $10, they make a whimsical foil to a good dark stout.
100 Favorites Dishes
76. Paleta de Elote at La Michoacana Paleteria
77. Strawberry Fields Roll at I Love Sushi
79. Pork Rillettes at Buena Vista Deli
80. Chicken Fricassee at Le Bouchon Du Grove
81. Bacon & Egg Udon at Gigi
82. Wagyu Gunkan at SushiSamba Dromo
83. Grilled Tiger Prawns at Mare Nostrum
84. The Lokal Burger at Lokal
85. Porchetta Sandwich at Salumeria 104
86. Nitro Ice Cream at Haven Gastro-Lounge
87. Red Burger at Red Restaurant
88. Carnitas Torta at Mercadito's Taqueria
89. Bone Marrow Ropa Vieja at Eating House
90. Mushroom-Crusted Grouper at the River Seafood & Oyster Bar
91. Crispy Pork and Onion Salad at Hiro's Yakko-San
92. Moqueca Brazileira at Pearl Restaurant & Lounge
93. Corvina at Edge Steak and Bar
94. Spiked Frrrozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity 3
95. Egg Custard Tart with Black Truffles at Philip Ho
96. Soft Pretzels at Mister Collins
97. Serrano Ham Croquettes at Crazy About You
98. The Elena Ruth Sandwich at Sergio's
99. Chow Fun at Chow Down Grill
100. Grilled Artichoke at Peacock Garden Cafe
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.