77. Strawberry Fields Roll at I Love Sushi
Sushi rolls encompass your taste buds, with flavors that are pungent and salty are readily available. However, dessert sushi are a whole another -- trickier -- proposition. They take a delicate balance of both culinary skill and colorful imagination. Mixing the naturally earthy, and salty flavors of fish with sugar isn't easy.
That's what makes the Strawberry Fields roll at I Love Sushi (841 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach) such a triumph. The roll is a fusion of soft cream cheese, fresh caught tuna, and avocado with tropical fruit pairings.
A fresh mango cube is wedged inside the soy wrapped casing, while a thin slice of glazed strawberry lies on top. Sweet eel sauce is drizzled in an ongoing motion across the roll, covering the entire plate. The result: The Big Bang of all dessert rolls! Tangy fruit and silky cream cheese blended with avocado and fresh fish.
100 Favorites Dishes
79. Pork Rillettes at Buena Vista Deli
80. Chicken Fricassee at Le Bouchon Du Grove
81. Bacon & Egg Udon at Gigi
82. Wagyu Gunkan at SushiSamba Dromo
83. Grilled Tiger Prawns at Mare Nostrum
84. The Lokal Burger at Lokal
85. Porchetta Sandwich at Salumeria 104
86. Nitro Ice Cream at Haven Gastro-Lounge
87. Red Burger at Red Restaurant
88. Carnitas Torta at Mercadito's Taqueria
89. Bone Marrow Ropa Vieja at Eating House
90. Mushroom-Crusted Grouper at the River Seafood & Oyster Bar
91. Crispy Pork and Onion Salad at Hiro's Yakko-San
92. Moqueca Brazileira at Pearl Restaurant & Lounge
93. Corvina at Edge Steak and Bar
94. Spiked Frrrozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity 3
95. Egg Custard Tart with Black Truffles at Philip Ho
96. Soft Pretzels at Mister Collins
97. Serrano Ham Croquettes at Crazy About You
98. The Elena Ruth Sandwich at Sergio's
99. Chow Fun at Chow Down Grill
100. Grilled Artichoke at Peacock Garden Cafe
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.