82. Wagyu Gunkan at SushiSamba Dromo
SushiSamba Dromo has been on South Beach for over a decade now. Michael Bloise has been the executive chef since last May. Gunkan is a type of nigiri sushi that has been around for God knows how long. Unlike you, God also knows what gunkan is: nori wrapped around rice and topped by any number of intriguing garnishes (literal translation of the word is battleship).
At SushiSamba, chef Michael Bloise offers gunkan with scallop, tokibo and jalapeño topping; or foie gras with nashi pear and eel sauce; or our favorite, wagyu beef speckled with sea salt and capped with raw quail egg yolk and skinny threads of potato paille. Pop it into your mouth all at once for a voluptuously smooth taste with a bit of crunch and a whole lot of flavor ($11).
100 Favorites Dishes
83. Grilled Tiger Prawns at Mare Nostrum
84. The Lokal Burger at Lokal
85. Porchetta Sandwich at Salumeria 104
86. Nitro Ice Cream at Haven Gastro-Lounge
87. Red Burger at Red Restaurant
88. Carnitas Torta at Mercadito's Taqueria
89. Bone Marrow Ropa Vieja at Eating House
90. Mushroom-Crusted Grouper at the River Seafood & Oyster Bar
91. Crispy Pork and Onion Salad at Hiro's Yakko-San
92. Moqueca Brazileira at Pearl Restaurant & Lounge
93. Corvina at Edge Steak and Bar
94. Spiked Frrrozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity 3
95. Egg Custard Tart with Black Truffles at Philip Ho
96. Soft Pretzels at Mister Collins
97. Serrano Ham Croquettes at Crazy About You
98. The Elena Ruth Sandwich at Sergio's
99. Chow Fun at Chow Down Grill
100. Grilled Artichoke at Peacock Garden Cafe
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.