Kangaroo Loin and Mini Yorkies for Aussie Dinner at Edge March 27
Just when we thought we've seen it all, Edge Steak & Bar comes up with a concept that blows our minds. Move over, Andrew Zimmern -- Bizarre Foods has jack squat on Aussie Dinner night's menu.
The progressive steak house at the Four Seasons Hotel Miami will host this night down under (and certainly one to remember) with executive chef Aaron Brooks's hometown cooking.
Intrigued to see what's on the menu?
Hop on over, mate!
- Barramundi carpaccio with pomelo and macadamia nuts
- Shrimp "off the barbie" with saffron and grilled black kale
- Kangaroo loin and meatballs with house-made tagliatelle pasta, pickled carrots, and prunes
- Aussie lamb mixed grill (leg, chops, and sausage) with shank gravy, bubble and squeak, minty peas, and mini yorkies
- Pavlova (Mummy Brooks's recipe)
We're not gonna lie, the kangaroo loin drew us right into the menu. But what exactly makes bubble and squeak (besides soap)? And are the mini yorkies groomed? No one likes lose hair in their food.
For the record, emu was also supposed to be on the menu but was taken off yesterday because the connection fell through. The emu flew the coop (pun not intended -- emus don't fly).
In any case, you can figure out what all the hullabaloo is about at dinner March 27 at 7 p.m.
Reservations are a must. Cost is $99 per person excluding tax and gratuities. Call 305-381-3190.
Follow Short Order on Facebook and Twitter @Short_Order.