Mega Walgreens Debuts Today: 24-Hour Wine, Beer, Cheese, and Sushi
|Walgreens: Your source for aspirin and Fro-Yo.|
What? Oh yes. You're reading this correctly. Walgreens is debuting its flagship 8,000th store today, December 1, featuring the following luxe items:
- Fresh hand-rolled sushi and sashimi prepared daily.
- An Upmarket Café offering a barista preparing fresh brewed premium coffee and espresso.
- A juice and smoothie bar featuring fresh fruits and vegetables
- Eight flavors of self-serve frozen yogurt, complete with toppings bar.
- Wraps, sandwiches, and other fast-grab items.
- A fine wine section featuring over 700 selections to choose from.
- An assortment of artisan and brie cheeses, specialty meats, and gourmet chocolates.
- A Coca-Cola Freestyle machine.
- A beverage wizard kiosk that will give you food and beverage pairing recommendations.
All this is coming to Hollywood. Before you gas up your car, we should tell you that it's the Hollywood in California -- not Florida. The store, at the corner of Sunset and Vine, will never close.
Short Order has a call in to see when one of these mega-Walgreens is coming to Miami (or Hollywood, Florida). We'll let you know the answer.
Follow Laine Doss on Twitter @LaineDoss and Facebook.
Follow Short Order on Facebook , on Twitter @Short_Order, and Instagram @ShortOrder.