Karlie Tomica Expected To Be Charged with DUI Manslaughter Today
|Karlie Tomica to be charged with DUI Manslaughter.|
Tomica is expected to be charged with DUI manslaughter; leaving the scene of an accident involving a death; resisting arrest without violence; and DUI property damage, according to The Miami Herald.
- Karlie Tomica To Be Charged With DUI Manslaughter Today
- Terrazza Chef Stefano Riccioletti's Son Files Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- Hit-and-Run Suspect Karlie Tomica: Underage Bartender at Nikki Beach?
- Terrazza Chef Stefano Riccioletti Killed in Hit-and-Run
- Karlie Tomica "Is Not a Horrible Person", says Former Co-Worker
- Karlie Tomica's Blood Alcohol Level Three Times Limit, says Miami Beach Police
Tomica left the scene of the accident and was followed home by a Good Samaritan who called 911, leading to her arrest.
At first Tomica was charged with "leaving the scene of a crash involving death", but toxicology report findings show that her BAC (blood alcohol content) was .225. That's three times the legal limit.
Tomica is also facing several civil lawsuits filed by Riccioletti's son, Jacopo Riccioletti, and his ex-wife, Patrizia Pesce, on behalf of their two minor children. Also named in the civil lawsuits are Penrod Brothers Inc. (DBA Nikki Beach Club). Tomica was a bartender at the popular South Beach club and allegedly left the premises drunk after her work shift.
Read Riptide for further details on this story.
Follow Laine Doss on Twitter @LaineDoss and Facebook.
Follow Short Order on Facebook , on Twitter @Short_Order, and Instagram @ShortOrder.