Coconut Grove Goes to the Dogs at Spankyfest Pub Crawl
|Humane Society of Miami|
|Drinking has officially gone to the dogs.|
Yet for every dog or cat that has a happy home, there are dozens of puppies and kitties in shelters awaiting a forever home. The solution: Adopt a loving companion, spay or neuter your pet, and drink for the cause at the fourth annual Spankyfest pub crawl.
This Saturday, dog and cat lovers will take over Coconut Grove to drink for the cause. Registration begins at 3 p.m. at Sandbar. The first 100 people receive a free T-shirt, and your $20 registration includes a free beer or drink specials at each participating bar. Plus, proceeds benefit the Humane Society of Greater Miami, a fantastic no-kill shelter.
Here's the itinerary:
- Sandbar - 3 to 5 p.m. (half off all drinks except bottled beer)
- The Grove Spot - 5 to 6 p.m. (one free beer per person)
- Fat Tuesday - 6 to 7 p.m. ($5 daiquiris, $2 drafts, $1 Jell-O shots, $1 cotton candy shots and well shots, and $2 1800 and loopy shots)
- The Goose - 7 to 8 p.m. (one free beer per person)
- Barracuda Raw Bar & Grill - 8 to 9:30 p.m. (one free beer per person)
- Tavern in the Grove - 8 to 9:30 p.m. ($2 domestic drafts)
- Mr. Moe's - 9:30 p.m. (one free beer per person)
In addition, some bars will feature live music, prizes, and special beers for the evening.
According to one of Spankyfest's founders, Dan Elliott, last year's crawl attracted nearly 300 animal lovers and raised more than $2,000. This year, Elliott wants to raise even more money with your help. So come out and support a great cause.
Oh, and in case you were thinking of bringing Fido -- please keep him home while you support a cause that finds homes for other pets in need.
Follow Laine Doss on Twitter @LaineDoss and Facebook.
Follow Short Order on Facebook , on Twitter @Short_Order, and Instagram @ShortOrder.