Irish Car Bomb Jell-O Shots for St. Patrick's Day: A Recipe (Photos)
St. Paddy's Day is around the corner, and we're so over the same tired traditions that get trotted out every year. Green beer, corned beef and cabbage, shamrock shakes, yadda-yadda-yadda. Where's the originality?
This year, think outside the boozy box and delight your alcoholic friends with these epic Irish Car Bomb Jell-o shots. Treats worthy of St. Pat himself.
- We Made Sandra Lee's Kwanzaa Cake (Photos)
Several recipes for these layered beauties are floating around online. We used this one as a starting point.
Note: This recipe makes only about ten to 12 Jell-O shots, depending on the size of the cups. Double or triple the recipe to make more. And if you want to keep the cost down, sub out the Jameson or Baileys with cheaper brands. We're pretty sure your drunk friends won't notice.
|All photos by Hannah Sentenac|
- 1 1/4 cups of Guinness Stout
- 1/2 cup Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 1 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 4 packets unflavored gelatin (Knox brand come four to a box)
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- (For those who like to drink while they work, buy a six-pack of the Guinness Stout and you'll have plenty left over for your sipping pleasure.)
1. Pour 1/2 cup of Jameson into a bowl. Pour two packets of unflavored gelatin onto the whiskey. Let it sit for one minute; then stir to help it dissolve.
2. In a separate bowl, pour in 1 1/4 cups of Guinness; then pop it in the microwave for approximately 80 seconds.