Eating House Hosts Special 420 Dinner
|Giorgio Rapacavoli celebrates 420.|
The code was shortened to "4:20". 4:20 was later adopted by High Times magazine as the socially acceptable time of day in which to get high.
Of course, there's also the urban myth that 420 is a police code for marijuana possession...or the exact length of the high you get from a toke.
Whichever way you want to go, it remains a fact that on April 20 (4/20) at 4:20 p.m., (or 4:20 a.m. for those of you in a hurry), a whole shitload of people are going to light up.
That means that a short time later, there's going to be an army of hungry people in search of cold lo mein, ice cream, and cereal and milk.
Luckily for Miami, Giorgio Rapicavoli at Eating House knows the way to a stoner's stomach. For the second year in a row, the restaurant is celebrating with a special 420 dinner, filled with twists on classic stoner munchies.
The prix-fixe menu is served family style (with a minimum of two people per table) and is prices at $42.0 per person. The menu includes:
- 7 Layer Dip with cotija, avocado, whipped refried beans
- Vaca Frita Buns served with cucumber, scallion, and guava/hoisin
- Bagel Bites with short rib, black truffle, and ontina
- Cold Lo-Mein made with egg noodles, black garlic, and sweet soy
- Choriperro- proper sausages, served with house-made ketchup
- Candied Pork Belly with buttermilk pancakes and smoked maple
- Brownie Sundae served with vanilla dutch master ice cream
- Breakfast of fruity pebble mousse and milk panna cotta
To keep the buzz going, wine and beer drink specials, featuring the purple haze (sangria with white wine and violet), will be offered for $4.20.
Of course, you have to have a little mellow entertainment, so Eating House will show stoner flicks (we're hoping for a little Reefer Madness), and live music from Yankel Guzman, who will play both original tunes and covers from the Grateful Dead, Snoop Dog (or Lion), and Cypress Hill.
We suggest coming in your best T-shirt and making a night of it.Follow Laine Doss on Twitter @LaineDoss and Facebook. Follow Short Order on Facebook , on Twitter @Short_Order, and Instagram @ShortOrder.