Best Mother's Day Brunch Deals in Miami
Your mother birthed you, fed you, clothed you, and defended you from the bully down the street. She put Bactine on your skinned knees and nursed you through your first heartbreak. Her thankless job included getting up early to wake your lazy butt for school, loaning you money when you spent your rent on videogames and beer, and pretending to be happy when you turned down the medical school scholarship to work as a production intern on an all-nude comedic version of The Towering Inferno.
Courtesy Serendipity 3 You owe mom a cocktail and a nice meal.
Sunday is payback time. So go buy the roses, spring for a nice gift, and take Mom out for a killer brunch complete with lots of mimosas. Here are the best options in Miami. Please note most prices exclude tax and gratuity, and reservations are strongly recommended.
1. 1500 Degrees at Eden Roc Miami is offering a lavish brunch for mom from noon to 3 p.m. It includes a carving station, an omelet station, hot dishes, small plates, and a homemade-dessert station. Kids can make and decorate pancakes for themselves -- and mom. $50 per adult, $20 per child 6-12. Add $16 for bottomless mimosas and bloody marys.
2. Alba Seaside Italian is showing love to mom with a "super duper" buffet, complete with shrimp, lamb chops, prime rib, waffles, pancakes, stone crabs, eggs Florentine, flowers, bloody marys, and screwdrivers. Served from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., brunch is $45 per person. If mom is feeling lucky, she can talk herself into a few hands of poker.
3. Bice Bistro at CocoWalk is celebrating with free tiramisu with brunch purchase. Kids can make an "I love you mom" sand-dollar magnet at CocoWalk free from noon to 2 p.m.
4. Bongos Cuban Café is hosting a Cuban-style brunch buffet from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. featuring a breakfast station, salad station, traditional Cuban station, kids' station, and a Cuban sweet treats station. Brunch items include Cuban eggs Benedict, lechón campeón, super paella, and homemade cheese flan. Plus, all moms get a complimentary rose and a "Mami" mimosa. $40 per adult; $15 for kids 7-11; kids 6 and under eat free.
5. Cecconi's is offering a Mother's Day Italian brunch featuring an egg station, a raw bar, and a carving station, plus desserts and live music. Brunch is served from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and costs $45 per person.
3025 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, FL