Antonio Bachour Lists His Five Favorite Restaurants in Miami
Antonio Bachour is one of the best pastry chefs in Miami. At the St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort, he creates stunning desserts layered with tropical fruits, sorbets, crémeux, and mousse.
billwisserphoto.com Antonio Bachour, executive pastry chef of the St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort
Here, in his own words, are his favorite restaurants in town.
1. Makoto: "Every time I go, chef Makoto Okuwa prepares an omakase-style meal. I leave the selections up to him, and he sends me whatever he wants. It's always amazing. I love all the fish there: maguro, medai, aji, toro, fluke. Also, he serves the best Japanese eggplant with chicken miso."
2. MC Kitchen: "Dena Marino makes some of the best pasta in town. My favorite is the Rustichella d'Abruzzo paccheri, with house-made spicy Italian sausage, broccoli rabe, and pecorino romano."
3. Pubbelly: "The dates avec chorizo are delicious, and so is the Pubbelly ramen."
4. Hakkasan: "My favorite dish is the duck salad. And the Peking duck is also to die for."
5. Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill: "I love the drinks. My favorite is the strawberry balsamic cocktail. It's a nice atmosphere, and chef Timon Balloo's food is great. He's truly amazing. I also love the short ribs and crispy rice!"
Follow Emily on Twitter @EmilyCodik.
9703 Bal Harbour Blvd., Miami Beach, FL