Third Annual Ommegang HopChef Competition at the Biltmore April 28
Brewery Ommegang is busting out with its third annual HopChef Competition at the BIltmore Hotel on April 28, pitting several Miami chefs against each other to see who can make the best beer and food pairing.
Courtesy of Blaze PR
Eight prominent Miami chefs are currently in the process of developing their dishes for the event. Just earlier this week at a media-only event, the chefs met at the Biltmore to select their Ommegang beers to be paired with their respective plates.
The respective pairings are as follows:
- David Hackett from the Biltmore paired with Hop House Ale.
- Alan Hughes of the Embassy and Andreu Silverman from Route 9 paired with Hennepin Ale.
- Jacob Anaya from OTC and Sean Brasel from Meat Market both paired with Three Philosophers Ale.
- Michell Sanchez from Latin House Burger and Taco paired with Witte Ale.
- Jason Pringle from DB Bistro Moderne paired with Abbey Ale.
- Michael Meuse from Doubtletree Miami paired with Rare Vos Ale.
The dishes are a complete mystery until they are revealed on the night of the competition.
With the advent of new craft beer markets, the flavor profiles are revelatory for culinary professionals.
"There are so many more interesting flavors that are featured in beer," said Bill Wetmore, director of marketing for Ommegang. "As a result you have a much wider palate."
Leading up to the competition, foodies and beer-ies can get a taste of the selected Ommegangs at the chefs respective restaurants.
The three-hour competition takes place from 7 to 10 p.m., and tickets can be purchased for $75.